Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The World Game

Today started with Taize Singing, followed by a silent meditation, and then today's session was that the group started playing The World Game, which is a rather disconcerting look at the challenges that may lay ahead for humanity on the Earth. We will finish the game in a couple of days, and this may be better since this is where we will find the solutions to the problems that were discussed today.

This afternoon and each Tuesday afternoon that we are here each of us has been assigned a Work Department to assist with. My assignment was HomeCare, which was OK with me. In HomeCare we would clean up bungalows or areas within structures, we keep things tidy. But, today was kind of a mutant HomeCare day and I got to help deconstruct a bungalow that is going to be renovated.

Tomorrow will be more of the same, I think I will skip the Taize singing, it was a good experience and I will probably do it again, but it was not the most exciting way to start my day, I will use those 30 minutes in some other way, most likely yoga.

No comments: