Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Morning

Each Saturday is our free day, a day without class. After the first week, I was looking forward to some time to myself. When you are participating in a group activity of this length (or even a couple of days long) you need to make sure you give time to yourself away from the group to help process any group dynamics that influencing/developing within you, either positive or negative, so that you can clearly express these to the group if needed.

My time away on Saturday started with a walk out to the edge (Edges are an interesting part of permaculture), the boundary between Findhorn and the RAF base and then I walked to the village of Findhorn, to a bakery/cafe to have a little coffee & pastry.

I was assigned to stay in the Guest Lodge with 13 other participants, we are the largest group of participants in a single dwelling. We are from the Brazil, Switzerland, Germany, France, UK, Ukraine, and US. We had house cleaning duties today, so I when I returned from my walk, I did my vacuuming (or as they say here, hoovering) task.

I think I will spend some time down in Craig's permaculture patch this afternoon, it was pretty enjoyable yesterday.

Here are some photos of the walk.
Findhorn Beach

No comments: