Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week Four: Project Week

So week for we teamed up on projects that were pitched by participants to everyone in the EVT, I did pitch an idea for a house design that was in the shape of a tetrahedron, but I didn't make the cut; meaning that I did not get enough interest for other participants to move to the next stage of developing the plan for the house project. I did join up with Galen, along with Hasmik & Lena to help with Galen's project of designing the common areas around a new set of co-housing that is being planned for Findhorn. There are seven new homes that will be in the section.

The project needed to embrace the permaculture ethics that we have been studying the past three weeks; peoplecare, earthcare, fairshare. These projects needed to have some realistic goals and were hopefully going to be sincerely developed after this part of the project was completed (this was one reason why I did not really want my project to move forward, I don't know that it is going to be a reality in my life, though it was a cool design). There were several projects that were about developing education/community programs to introduce permaculture to folks of all ages, specifically our children, in South African, Switzerland, Montreal, Wales, Spain, US; another project lead by Adam was going to develop a financial fund for Sustainable Businesses to specifically fund businesses with small carbon footprints, PermArtCulture was about bring sustainable art in to the gardens, and David & Kara put together a short film that can be used as an intro to permaculture. Everyone worked really hard for a 2 1/2 days on these projects and they all were well presented fun & passion and the ideas that came from the brainstorming was enjoyed by everyone (I think).

Here are some photos of the group I was in.
PermaDesign

No comments: